How do I run a python program from an internet address?

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Wed May 9 05:02:15 EDT 2012

Albert <albertsun05 at gmail.com> writes:
> I have a small text based python program that I want to make available
> to people who might be behind a firewall or can't install python on
> their office computers, but can access the internet.

What kind of people?  I.e. is it something you're doing for work, where
the users are (say) your co-workers?

If you're just asking the simplest way to put a python script on a web
page, I'd say it's to write a cgi and put it behind a normal web server.

I'd avoid stuff like Google app server if possible, especially if there
are any privacy concerns about the data going into the program.  I much
prefer to use cheap virtual servers even though I have to pay for them.
They are amazingly affordable: you can get a 128MB server with enough
resources for typical personal websites for a couple USD a month.  That
approach does require you to know a little bit about server
administration but it's not that big a deal.