Open Source: you're doing it wrong - the Pyjamas hijack

Tim Wintle tim.wintle at teamrubber.com
Tue May 8 07:04:13 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 15:20 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
> I hope that pyjamas can be restored at some point to a single live
> project. Whether that's headed by Luke Leighton or C Anthony Risinger
> (neither of whom I know at all and thus I can't speak to either's
> merits) or someone else, I don't particularly care

I have met Luke (At Europython), and honestly it was his enthusiasm that
got me to look at pyjamas in the first place. To be fair I still haven't
used it in anger, but I've poked around a lot, it's been under
consideration for several bits of work.

Although I don't think I've met C Anthony Risinger, his behaviour has
seriously put me off the project - and if I consider using it in the
future I'm going to be "pricing in" the cost of maintaining a complete
local fork as part of the decision.

Tim