syntax for code blocks

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri May 4 00:05:53 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 4, 2:17 am, Kiuhnm <kiuhnm03.4t.yahoo.it> wrote:
>> I would've come up with something even better if only Python wasn't so rigid.
>
> The inability for people to add 6 billion mini-DSLs to solve any
> stupid problem _is a good thing_. It makes Python consistent and
> predictable, and means I don't need to parse _the same syntax_ utterly
> different ways depending on the context.

Agreed. If a language can be everything, it is nothing. Python has
value BECAUSE it is rigid. A while ago I played around with the idea
of a language that let you define your own operators... did up a spec
for how it could work. It is NOT an improvement over modern languages.

http://rosuav.com/1/?id=683

ChrisA