Converting a string to list for submission to easygui multenterb​ox

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Tue May 1 16:26:53 EDT 2012

In <316efebe-7f54-4054-96b1-51c7bb7b7b25 at f5g2000vbt.googlegroups.com> ksals <kbsals5179 at gmail.com> writes:

> Please help a newbe.  I have a string returned from an esygui
> multchoicebox that looks like
>   this:  ('ksals', '', 'alsdkfj', '3', '') I need to convert this to
>   this:  ['ksals', '', 'alsdkfj', '3', '']

That looks like a tuple which contains five strings.  But you said it's
a string, so I'll believe you.

>>> x = "('ksals', '', 'alsdkfj', '3', '')"
>>> print x
('ksals', '', 'alsdkfj', '3', '')
>>> print y
['ksals', '', 'alsdkfj', '3', '']

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears