Python is readable

Dan Sommers dan at tombstonezero.net
Fri Mar 30 16:51:21 EDT 2012

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 07:20:39 +1100
Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... That's why we're all still programming in assembly language and
> doing our own memory management, because we would lose a lot of
> personal value if programming stopped being so difficult. If it
> weren't for all these silly new-fangled languages with their automatic
> garbage collection and higher order function handling, we would all be
> commanding much higher salaries.

Back in the 1970's, the magazines were full of ads for "never write
another line of code again" programs.  A keystroke here, a keystroke
there (those were the days *before* drag-and-drop and point-and-drool),
and even managers and executives could "write programs."  Now, of
course, those managers and executives still command higher salaries, so
I guess ChrisA is right about us assembly language guys losing our
personal value.

Dan