tabs/spaces

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Fri Mar 30 08:47:46 EDT 2012

On 03/30/2012 03:05 AM, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> Am 29.03.2012 17:25, schrieb Terry Reedy:
>> I am using Thunderbird, win64, as news client for gmane. The post looked
>> fine as originally received. The indents only disappeared when I hit
>> reply and the >s were added.
>
> I can confirm this misbehaviour of Thunderbird (version 11.0 here), it
> strips the leading spaces when you begin a reply.
>
> Uli

But since it doesn't do it on all messages, have you also confirmed that
it does it for a text message?  My experience seems to be that only the
html messages are messed up that way.

of course, it could be lots of other things, like which gateways did the
message go through, was it originally sent via the google-mars bridge, etc.

--

DaveA