"convert" string to bytes without changing data (encoding)

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 29 14:00:42 EDT 2012

Terry Reedy  <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>I do not believe *anyone* has made that claim. Is this meant to be a
>wild exaggeration? As wild as Evan's?

Sorry, it would've been more accurate to label the flavour of kool-aid
Chris Angelico was trying to push as "it's impossible ... without
encoding":

	What is a string? It's not a series of bytes. You can't convert
	it without encoding those characters into bytes in some way.

>In my first post on this thread, I made three truthful claims.

I'm not objecting to every post made in this thread.  If your post had
been made before the original poster had figured it out on his own,
I would've hoped he would have found it much more convincing than what
I quoted above.

					Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU