Advise of programming one of my first programs

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:07:47 EDT 2012

 Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Anatoli Hristov <tolidtm at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Oh goodness yes. pickle is exactly as unsafe as eval is. Try running
>> > this code:
>> >
>> > from pickle import loads
>> > loads("c__builtin__\neval\n(c__builtin__\nraw_input\n(S'py>'\ntRtR.")
>>
>> It might be as dangerous, but which is more likely to cause problems in
>> real world scenarios?
>
> Guys this is really something  that is not that important at this time for
> me

Maybe not, but it's still worth being aware of. Even if today your
strings will never include apostrophes, it's still important to
understand the risks of SQL injection and properly escape them before
inserting them into an SQL statement. Just docket the information in
the back of your mind "Don't use pickle with untrusted data" and move
on. :)

ChrisA