"convert" string to bytes without changing data (encoding)

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 28 15:43:31 EDT 2012

Evan Driscoll  <driscoll at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>So yes, you can say that pretending there's not a mapping of strings to
>internal representation is silly, because there is. However, there's
>nothing you can say about that mapping.

I'm not the one labeling anything as being silly.  I'm the one labeling
the things as bullshit, and that's what you're doing here.  I can in
fact say what the internal byte string representation of strings is any
given build of Python 3.  Just because I can't say what it would be in
an imaginary hypothetical implementation doesn't mean I can never say
anything about it.

					Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU