Data mining/pattern recogniton software in Python?

Nelle Varoquaux nelle.varoquaux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 13:01:42 EDT 2012

Hello,

There are two steps in using a supervised learning algorithm: fitting the
classifier on data labeled, and predicting on new data.
If you are looking to fit with incoming data, you are looking for online
algorithms: algorithms that take chunks of data to fit the classifier on
the fly. scikit-learn have a couple of algorithms that are online (k-means
for example)
If you are looking to predict with chunks of data, it can easily be done
with any kind of already fitted classifier. Hence, you only need to find a
way to retrieve the data. twisted may come in handy for that, or any other
asynchronous framework.

scikit-learn is not image oriented. You can do timeseries with it: there is
probably already an example in the gallery.

Hope that helped,