Good web-development Python book

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Fri Mar 23 12:30:24 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Yves S. Garret
<yoursurrogategod at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oooops!  Sent my previous e-mail too soon!  Didn't mean to.
>
> Another try.
>
> Hello,
>
>   I'm trying to brush up on my Python and would like to learn how to
> make web-apps.  I was hoping to get a good book on learning how to
> make web-applications using Python (as opposed to something like PHP)
> without any framework at the moment.  Do you guys have any
> suggestions?
>
>   I looked around on Amazon, but didn't really find anything too
> promising.  It was either very old or had no more than 3 stars in a
> rating.  I'd appreciate your help on this.

The next edition of The Definitive Guide to Django, by the project's
co-BDFLs, is available online (for now):
http://www.djangobook.com/en/2.0/
It's not completely finished, but between it and the previous edition
(http://www.djangobook.com/en/1.0/ , also free), you should be fine.

Cheers,
Chris