Python is readable

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 23:20:00 EDT 2012

On Mar 23, 7:42 am, Steve Howell <showel... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Do you think we'll always have a huge number of incompatible
> programming languages?  I agree with you that it's a fact of life in
> 2012, but will it be a fact of life in 2062?

It will be a fact of life wherever Godels theorem is; which put
simplistically is: consistency and completeness cannot coexist.  This
is the 'logic-generator' for the mess in programming languages.
Put in more general terms:
Completeness is an 'adding' process
Consistency is a 'subtracting' process
Running the two together, convergence is hopeless.

In programming language terms the pull is between simplicity and
expressivity/power.