configobj validation

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:06:06 EDT 2012

On 03/21/2012 11:40 AM, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Andrea Crotti<andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>  writes:
>
> It works - so why do you bother? And I'm not sure about the above code -
> AFAIK, validation is a two-step thing:
>
> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles/configobj.shtml#validation
>
> Diez

I don't agree, if you write code that is supposed to work with Python3,
using a library which is not
developed and will probably never support Python3 is quite a stupid idea ;)

Any other validation mechanism that can be plugged in ConfigParser for
example?

 From what I've understood from the doc and what I remembered I thought
that validation is automatically
done when passing the configspec, but I'll check if the two steps work..