Why not use juxtaposition to indicate function application

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:18:57 EDT 2012

On 3/16/12 12:45 PM, Ray Song wrote:
> I confess i've indulged in Haskell and found
>      f a
> more readable than
>      f(a)
>
> And why aren't functions curried (partially applied function is another function which takes the rest arguments) by default?

Python isn't a strongly functional language. We just don't do partial function
application all that frequently to make it a language feature. Leaving out an
argument is a common enough mistake, though, and using curry-by-default would
postpone the error and make for even more inscrutable error messages.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco