Python is readable

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 02:23:30 EDT 2012

Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, when we are talking about the Python
> programming language "readable" simply means: "neophyte readable".
> That is, "readable to someone with little or no experience with the
> language".

Nonsense. List comprehensions are not immediately obvious to new
Python users. The functionality of 'with' requires an understanding of
context managers. Python's readability has more to do with simplifying
code maintenance.

The idea that Python code has to be obvious to non-programmers is an
incorrect and dangerous one.