Style question (Poll)

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Wed Mar 14 19:08:17 EDT 2012

> > Only use 'is' if you are looking for objects like True,
> > False, None or something that MUST be exactly the same object.
>
> I've rarely seen valid uses of 'is True' or 'is False'.

It can be useful when you think something might be None or False. Although,
I suppose you could always just use 'is None' instead.

>>> 1 == True
True
>>> 1 is True
False
>>> 0 == False
True
>>> 0 is False
False

Granted, the above example is a pretty facetious case; not sure I
can come up with a reasonably real world use case.

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423