New Science Discovery: Perl Idiots Remain Idiots After A Decade!New Science Discovery: Perl Idiots Remain Idiots Af

Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) spamtrap at library.lspace.org.invalid
Mon Mar 12 16:20:22 EDT 2012

In <m0scsu.8xu at spenarnc.xs4all.nl>, on 03/12/2012
   at 07:00 PM, Albert van der Horst <albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl> said:

>I know, but what the mathematicians do make so much more sense:

Not really; Mathematical notation is a matter of convention, and the
conventions owe as much to History as they do to logical necessity.
The conventions aren't even the same from author to author, e.g.,
whether "field" implies Abelian.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT  <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.  Reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
reply to spamtrap at library.lspace.org