Python Script Works Locally But Not Remotely with SSH

goldtech goldtech at worldpost.com
Tue Mar 27 20:51:37 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have a WinXP PC running an SSH server and I have a Linux PC with an
SSH client  and logged into the XP seemingly OK. It's all on my
personal LAN, the connection seems OK.

I have a py file on the XP that I run via SSH from the Linux, it's:

import webbrowser
webbrowser.open('www.google.com')

This runs OK started on the local XP PC, the browser Firefox opens and
goes to the site, or it opens a tab to the site. But executing that
same file via SSH does not open Firefox...doing it via SSH starts
Firefox ( I see it begin in the process manager and I see web
activity) but Firefox does not open it's window.

Why the does the window not open when the script is started remotely?

Thanks.