debugging ssl handshake failure

Ovidiu Deac ovidiudeac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:41:20 EDT 2012

I have an HTTPS server written in python, based on ssl package. This
application is running on 3 virtual machines which were created by
clonning.

The application works perfectly on 2 machines but on the third it
doesn't. Instead of the normal "Server Hello" message it gives me an
Alert Level: Fatal, Description: "Handshake  failure"

Anybody here has any idea what the problem could be?

My main problem here is that I don't have any means to debug the
problem. My next option is to look into ssl sources which I'm not
really happy to do.

Also anybody has any suggestion for debugging?

Thanks,
Ovidiu