converting from tcl/tkl to python

Richard Boothroyd rboothroyd8 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:10:19 EST 2012

Hi there,

First, I am not a developer so go easy on my ignorance ;-). Our
company designs and develops hearing aid audibility fitting equipment.
(www.audioscan.com). Our current software GUI is all based on TCL/TKL
and we are running into issues on developing a "prettier" GUI in an
effort to modernize some of our equipment.

My understanding is that Python is a much better GUI tool than TCL/TKL
so I'd appreciate any insight on this assumption. Also I'm wondering
what kind of effort and expertise it would take to convert from TCL/
TKL to Python. Let me know what further info you may require.

Also, if there is anyone out there that has specific expertise in
performing this conversion please contact me.

Thanks
Richard Boothroyd
General Manager
Audioscan