A Crypto Juniper $9$ secrets library

Oleg Broytman phd at phdru.name
Mon Mar 5 12:30:49 EST 2012

Hello!

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 10:16:05PM +0100, Julio G?mez wrote:
> I have developed a Python library which encrypt/decrypt Juniper $9$ secrets.

   Thank you and welcome to the community!

> I would like it is part of the common Python libraries and be able to
> install it through APT, YUM, RPM... depending on the system.
[skip]
> Could you tell me the process I have to follow to publish the library?

   Let me give you some advice. First, there is Python Package Index -
http://pypi.python.org/pypi - a central repository of python software.
On the first page you can find all necessary information - how to
register a user, how to register a package, how to register a release.
   The site also provides file hosting service so you can upload you
releases. But you can host anywhere and only publish links to your
preferred hosting. Some people just publish links to their mercurial or
git repositories.
   Documentation uploaded to the site will be published at
http://packages.python.org/ .

   It is also very important to send good release announcements. Please
read the following introductory articles:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Announcement_%28computing%29
http://perlbuzz.com/2009/03/how-to-write-an-announcement.html
   Read the archives of the python announcements mailing list:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/ or
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python.announce/topics

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytman            http://phdru.name/            phd at phdru.name