Is this the right location to launch IDLE?

John Salerno johnjsal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 18:07:41 EST 2012

I'm trying to get Notepad++ to launch IDLE and run the currently open file in IDLE, but all my attempts have failed so far. I'm wondering, am I even using the IDLE path correctly? I'm using this:

"C:\Python32\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw" "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"

(That last part puts in the full path to the open file.)

Is this not the proper way to launch IDLE with an argument? It actually does open up IDLE, but the file doesn't seem to have been loaded, because when I try to use variables or functions from the file, IDLE acts as if it doesn't know what I'm referring to.

Thanks.