HELP ! Popen.terminate() - WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied

Nikunj Badjatya nikunjbadjatya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:39:28 EST 2012

Howdy All,

Py ver - 3.2, Windows-XP . Logged in as user with admin privileges.

>From my main python program, I am running powershell program using
subprocess.Popen(....).
Now I have created a signal_handler() function in main python script which
will handle CTRL-C ( This works fine ).
Now when I put "proc.terminate()" in my signal_handler() function to
terminate the subprocess created as well,
It is giving me "WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied" error.
I have tried with os.kill() also, same error.  Tried with Popen.kill() also
same error. Have googled a bit but couldn't understand them.

In general,  How to kill a subprocesses created from a python program.? If
that subprocess also creates a new process from itself, how can I kill all
child processes from my main python script.?

Any ideas.??

Thanks,
Nikunj