Slow output

subhabangalore at gmail.com subhabangalore at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:11:45 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:03:44 PM UTC+5:30, (unknown) wrote:
> Dear Group,
> I am Sri Subhabrata Banerjee writing from India. I am running a small program which exploits around 12 1 to 2 KB .txt files. I am using MS Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Python 2.6 where IDLE is GUI. The text is plain ASCII text. The RAM of the machine is around 2 GB. To run the program the machine is becoming dead slow and it is executing only after several minutes. I am shocked as I have run hugely loaded Statistical Learning stuff only on 516MB RAM on Python using Windows XP only. And that too on a laptop.
> I am not getting. I discussed the issue with my system administrator and he increased the RAM to 8GB result improved by 30% but not satisfactory speed. May any one suggest me what may be the likely issue?
>
> Thanking You in Advance,
> Subhabrata Banerjee.

Dear Group,
Thank you for your kind reply and teaching me some nice coding options. I would port your suggestions and see if it improves. Unfortuantely I can not share the code as it has slight propietary issue, but I was debugging the code on myself, I was seeing that if I write the outputs in the file then it is giving fast results, but if I print it to the console -which is a list of big size, but well even I print all the files of 1KB each I have 12 files only, why a print command would make it so slow? I have searched processed made big n-grams big calculations across even UTF-8 encoding data sets Python gave result in fragment of seconds.
Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.