Getting lazy with decorators

Josh English Joshua.R.English at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:09:51 EDT 2012

On Monday, June 25, 2012 11:57:39 PM UTC-7, Peter Otten wrote:

> > There is nothing in the documentation (that I have found) that points to
> > this solution.
>
> That's because I "invented" it.

Oh bother. The lines I completely overlooked were in your __getattr__ override.

Boy is my face red.

On further experimentation, adding a do_xxx command without the decorator still works...ish. The undecorated do_xxx is still considered to have a help function, and it prints the raw docstring (instead of using the show_help method to clean it up).

Josh