Slow output

subhabangalore at gmail.com subhabangalore at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:33:44 EDT 2012

Dear Group,
I am Sri Subhabrata Banerjee writing from India. I am running a small program which exploits around 12 1 to 2 KB .txt files. I am using MS Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Python 2.6 where IDLE is GUI. The text is plain ASCII text. The RAM of the machine is around 2 GB. To run the program the machine is becoming dead slow and it is executing only after several minutes. I am shocked as I have run hugely loaded Statistical Learning stuff only on 516MB RAM on Python using Windows XP only. And that too on a laptop.
I am not getting. I discussed the issue with my system administrator and he increased the RAM to 8GB result improved by 30% but not satisfactory speed. May any one suggest me what may be the likely issue?

Thanking You in Advance,
Subhabrata Banerjee.