Executing Python Scripts on Mac using Python Launcher

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Tue Jun 26 13:37:42 EDT 2012

On 06/26/2012 01:19 PM, David Thomas wrote:
> I have installed Python 2.7.3 from Python.org also in Terminal it states that I have 2.7.3.
> How can I execute the script from Terminal?  I've tried typing python into the window and then dragging the file to terminal but I get a syntax error.  Sorry I am new to Python and just want to know how I can open such a file using 10.7.
>
> Thanks

Assuming python is on your PATH within that terminal, you'd normally do
something like:

cd  /fullpathtoscript                  (the location of your script)
python   myscript.py                (or whatever your script is called)

If that doesn't work for you, please be specific about what happens.
Best way to do that is to copy/paste the text (showing in terminal)
into your reply here.

Also, please don't top-post.  Put your new text AFTER the part you've
quoted from earlier messages.

--

DaveA