How keep python socket alive for ever by setting Keep alive flag.

hisan santosh.ssit at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:21:13 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I want to open a socket connection and keep it alive for ever or until i explicitly close the socket connection.

below is my code though i have set keep alive flag the socket gets closed after some time .please help me out here

            sb_sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,
socket.SOCK_STREAM,socket.SOL_TCP)
            sb_sock.setsockopt( socket.SOL_SOCKET, socket.SO_KEEPALIVE, 1)
            sb_sock.connect((msg_host, host_port))
            sb_sock.send(reg_msg)