None shown in output

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 00:23:59 EDT 2012

On 6/21/2012 10:42 PM, Xander Solis wrote:
> Hello Python list,
>
> Noob here with a newbie question. I'm reading and working on the
> exercise of the book, Learn Python the Hard way 2.0. When I use this
> code, I get "None" on the output. My question is why does this happen?
Your function prints the number and then returns None (you have no
return statement in the function to change this) to the print statement.
If you want to have the function return a value, use the return
statement instead of print inside the function:

def func(some_value):
  return some_value
x = func(5)
print x

will print 5.

--
CPython 3.3.0a4 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17803