lazy evaluation of a variable

rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:05:50 EDT 2012

On Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:01:03 PM UTC-5, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> One day, in my Copious Spare Time, I intend to write a proper feature
> request and/or PEP for such a feature. Obviously the absolute earliest
> such a feature could be introduced is Python 3.4, about 18 months from
> now. (Although frankly, I would imagine significant opposition from the
> more conservative Python developers.)

Well these conservatives must have been suffering from chronic mononucleosis because i have never heard a peep from them! I wish they would "grow a pair" and speak up a bit more often because the language would benefit greatly from some austerity measures, strong leadership, and most of all; some Gawd damned consistency!