Python 3.3.0a4, please add ru'...'

jmfauth wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 11:53:28 EDT 2012

On 17 juin, 15:48, Christian Heimes <li... at cheimes.de> wrote:
> Am 17.06.2012 14:11, schrieb jmfauth:
>
> > I noticed this at the 3.3.0a0 realease.
>
> > The main motivation for this came from this:
> >http://bugs.python.org/issue13748
>
> > PS I saw the dev-list message.
>
> > PS2 Opinion, if not really useful, consistency nver hurts.
>
> We are must likely drop the ur"" syntax as it's not compatible with
> Python 2.x's raw unicode notation.http://bugs.python.org/issue15096
>
> Christian

Yes, but on the other side, "you" (core developers) have reintroduced
the
messs of the unicode literal, now *assume* it (logiccally).

If the core developers have introduced rb'' or br' (Py2)' because they
never
know if the have to type "rb" or "br" (me too), what a beginner should
thing about "ur" and "ru"?

Finally, the ultimate argument: what it is Python 3 supposed to be?
A Python 2 derivative for lazy (ascii) programmers or an appealing
clean and coherent language?

jmf