Pythonic cross-platform GUI desingers ?? la Interface Builder (Re: what gui designer is everyone using)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 22:42:58 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Dietmar Schwertberger
<news at schwertberger.de> wrote:
> The point is, that if you want to promote Python as replacement
> for e.g. VB, Labview etc., then an easy-to-use GUI builder is required.
> The typical GUI programs will just have an input mask, a button and one
> or two output fields.

I want to promote Linux as a replacement for Windows. But I do not see
that Linux needs to be able to run Internet Explorer in order to do
that. Maybe when people move to a replacement, they need to learn a
slightly different way of doing things; and in this case, I would
strongly recommend the "build your UI in code" method.

ChrisA