python's future?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:19:47 EDT 2012

On 06/15/2012 01:04 AM, Yesterday Paid wrote:
> I'm very new to programing though I learn very little of java,C
> I love python and have fun to do something with it
> but some people said python's future perhaps not that bright.
> I know this question maybe looks like an idiot:(
> I really hope the python rules long~ time.
> what do you think about future of this lang
> or famous lang like C, JAVA, C#, LISP &C

If it works for you, use, it.  If not, move on to a more appropriate
language.  Python may be more appropriate for some tasks than others.
And as others have said, it's well-supported by its developers, and has
a rich library to draw on.  So there's no reason not to use it now.
Either Python 2.x or Python 3.x, though it appears that targeting Python
3 maybe wisest.

If in the future Python fades away, you will simply move onto another
language.  A good programmer should be able to rapidly transition from
language to language as appropriate.  And even if in fact Python should
die, there are other languages that have been inspired by Python, and
will hopefully continue a semblance of Pythonic goodness.