When adding my application to Windows right-click menu

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Wed Jun 13 19:17:57 EDT 2012

> I made a cipher app but to make easy, I want to make it Windows
> rightclick menu can execute it
> I found the way with dealing with Registry
>

> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\app]
>  [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\app\command]
>  @="C;\myapp filelocation"
>

> but I don't know how to automatically get filelocation
> Can I get the address of file that I right_clicked(it's not a proper
> expression maybe)

This is not a Python question...

This might help http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t229799-how-to-add-a-program-to-the-open-with-right-click-menu.html

There is a way to do it via registry but I cannot find the link, but
essentially it should have a string like
c:\Python\python.exe %1
where %1 is the file being currently selected (cipher app module).

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423