[newbie] Equivalent to PHP?

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Wed Jun 13 14:01:23 EDT 2012

> Thanks for the longer explanation. With so many frameworks, I'd like
> to know what benefits they offer as compared to writing an application
> from scratch, and if they do offer obvious benefits, which one to pick

I am going to state up front that I have never tried any of the
frameworks so take my recommendation with a *lot* of salt! :)

I would recommend Django as it seems to scale up nicely and I know
that it has an active community which can be a godsend for getting
help as a "newbie". That being said it does have a bit of a learning
curve compared to some of the lighter frameworks, but not so much
of one as to counteract the advantage of scalability. Again, this
is all based on opinions that I have read (and remember) and not
on any facts.

Maybe this article will help you http://www.infoworld.com/d/application-development/pillars-python-six-python-web-frameworks-compared-169442
The comments on /. should round out anything missing from the article (I hope)
http://developers.slashdot.org/story/11/08/10/2111203/six-python-web-frameworks-compared

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423