[newbie] Equivalent to PHP?

Gilles nospam at nospam.com
Wed Jun 13 05:25:39 EDT 2012

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 16:48:27 +0200, Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com>
wrote:
>I don't think it is a proper description of the situation (please,
>somebody correct my mistakes, I am not 100% sure about it myself). WSGI
>applications (which is basically all web applications in Python) could
>run in the hosted servers (using for example mod_wsgi for Apache), and I
>would expect that it is the situation with most production uses.

I have a couple more questions:

1. Today what is the recommended way to connect a long-running Python
web application with a web server running in the front? FastCGI? WSGI?
Other?

2. Which solid web server is recommended to connect to Python web
applications in the back?

3. What Python web framework would you recommend to get started, and
possibly more heavy duty framework in case I need something bigger
later?

Thank you.