[newbie] Equivalent to PHP?

D'Arcy Cain darcy at druid.net
Wed Jun 13 01:52:01 EDT 2012

On 12-06-12 07:57 PM, Gilles wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:42:56 -0400, D'Arcy Cain<darcy at druid.net>
> wrote:
>> I guess I am in the minority then.  I do plan to turn one of my larger
>> projects into a standalone web server some day but so far writing
>> simple Python CGI scripts has served me fine.  I even do some embedding
>> by using server side scripting.
>
> Out of curiosity, why did you choose to write CGI scripts or embedded
> server-side scripting while standalone web servers are usually
> presented as _the_ solution for Python (Django, Pylons, etc.)?

History and laziness I suppose.  My biggest project started out as Tcl
and was switched to Python around 1.5.  Besides, the boys and girls
at Apache have done a great job.  May as well build on that.  Even
if I go with a standalone server I will probably put Apache in front
of it for images, style sheets and other static content.  I also want
to look into writing Apache modules in Python some day.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
IM: darcy at Vex.Net