Why does this leak memory?

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Mon Jun 11 03:56:44 EDT 2012

Am 08.06.2012 18:02, schrieb Steve:
> Well, I guess I was confused by the terminology. I thought there were
> leaked objects _after_ a garbage collection had been run (as it said
> "collecting generation 2"). Also, "unreachable" actually appears to mean
> "unreferenced". You live n learn...

Actually I understand that differently. If you have circular references
between two objects they are both referenced. If neither is referenced
(directly or indirectly) by the current context, they are unreachable
and can be garbage-collected. Being unreferenced implies that it is
unreachable, but not vice-versa.

Uli