Another non blocking method in thread

Prashant animator333 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 08:38:13 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have created a very simple client-server model using sockets. Server is created by sub classing threading.thread. The 'run' method is continuously listening for client's response. When server send a string to client, client response back by changing that string into uppercase.
I would like to synchronize send and receive. For example:

def sendmsg(self, msg):
    self.client.send(msg)
    #wait until next msg is received in 'run'
    return self.response

I tried using a while loop for waiting but it's blocking the 'run' method. Don't know much about threading event and lock and if they can help me here.

Any pointers?

Prashant