PyDoc - Python Documentation Plugin for Eclipse

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 06:02:35 EDT 2012

On 6/10/2012 4:22 AM, Alexey Gaidamaka wrote:
> Practically the plugin  is a simple html archive from python
> documentation website running
> inside Eclipse so you can call it using Eclipse help system.
> As for now it is pretty large (~7 mb), but i'm planning to optimize it
> in near future.
Rather than archive documentation, why not use a simple static page that
points to the different sections for each version of Python on
docs.python.org? The 2.7.3 documentation is mostly useless to me since
I'm using 3.3 (and of course there are some using 2.6 or 3.2 or 3.1...),
but I can easily access it from a link in the page you've archived. Not
only would this reduce the size of the plugin to almost nothing, but it
would prevent the documentation from being outdated.

> For more information, please visit:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoc/
Why isn't it installed like other Eclipse plugins? Is it even possible
to update the plugin via Eclipse?

This does look like a very useful plugin, though. Great idea.
--
CPython 3.3.0a3 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17790