mode for file created by open

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Jun 9 19:19:27 EDT 2012

On 09Jun2012 19:03, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
| > So I would guess it wouldn't be difficult to add the creation mode argument.
|
| On posix system, probably not. On windows, just ignore it, unless 'root'
| can be mapped to 'admin'.

Oh please NO!

Either implement it correctly, or raise a ValueError if it is supplied
and not whatever means "default open".

A huge -1000 for arguments that have meaning but are ignored.

This is why I'm -1 to start with: a file permission bitmap is a
posix.open() value. It does not map portably to the general open().
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

This calls for a really stupid and futile gesture.      - Strayhorn