Strange Problem with pythonw.exe

asa at vorsicht-bissig.de asa at vorsicht-bissig.de
Sat Jun 9 10:23:22 EDT 2012

Hello subscribers,

I've recently encountered a strange problem with Python for Windows. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit and Python 3.2.3 64 Bit (also tried 32 bit). The Problem is, that pythonw.exe does not work at all! Therefore no IDLE for me... But python.exe runs just fine. I ran Process Monitor, which showed some activity for pythonw.exe, but no window is coming up. The problem isn't restricted to my main python installation. I have also tried running portable python and active state python. No pythonw.exe of them is working. Reinstallation didn't change anything. Windows firewall was deactivated, no difference. No firewall-software or any possibilities of blocking pythonw.exe. I couldn't find the problem online. My problem was triggered by using PyQt. I've loaded an .ui, which did NOT show up. I have Never seen IDLE since that "crash".
Advice anyone?

Regards,

Arthur