Pythonic cross-platform GUI desingers à la Interface Builder (Re: what gui designer is everyone using)

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Fri Jun 8 08:27:21 EDT 2012

> I want a gui designer that writes the gui code for me. I don't want to
> write gui code. what is the gui designer that is most popular?
> I tried boa-constructor, and it works, but I am concerned about how
> dated it seems to be with no updates in over six years.

Sorry to "hijack" your thread, but since this is a very related
question...

What "GUI designer" would come the closest to the way that Cocoa's
Interface Builder works? I.e. is there any one (cross-platform) that
allows to actually "connect" the GUI created directly to the code and
make it available "live" in an IDE?

This whole cycle of "design GUI"->"generate code"->add own code to
generated code"->"run application with GUI" has always seemed very
un-pythonic to me. A dynamic, interpreted language should allow to work
in a more "lively", "direct" way to build a GUI.

TIA,

Sincerely,

Wolfgang