Career related question

Temia Eszteri lamialily at cleverpun.com
Thu Jun 7 13:39:11 EDT 2012

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 22:23:47 +1000, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Stanley Lee <stanigator at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Can I only post jobs on Python's official website, or can I also
>> direct the message to the appropriate mailing list in http://mail.python.org/
>> ? Btw, do I have to be a subscriber of a given list in order to submit
>> messages?
>
>Job postings are frowned upon here on the list; the job board is the
>appropriate place (assuming that it's a definitely Python-related
>job). You normally have to be subscribed to the list to post, since
>cross-communicates with the newsgroup comp.lang.python, so you can be
>on either (and there are web-based newsgroup readers too).
>
>Chris Angelico

From what I've seen, the cross-communication isn't working properly -
it's all one-way, and nobody's done anything to look into it yet. Or,
failing that, there's just some intercommunication problems between
the NNTP servers and the mailing list just samples from multiple
sources...

~Temia
--
The amazing programming device: fuelled entirely by coffee, it codes while
awake and tests while asleep!