Adopting ‘lockfile’

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jun 7 00:28:27 EDT 2012

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Thanks for the suggestion. I've imported it from Subversion into Bazaar
> (my preferred DVCS), and it went smoothly.

Development of ‘python-lockfile’ now proceeds on Alioth
<URL:https://alioth.debian.org/projects/python-lockfile/>.

> I will proceed with a handover from Skip for maintenance of ‘lockfile’.
>
> This will definitely need more people than me to maintain, though!

Thanks to Aaron Maxwell for joining the development team, with initial
progress to a Python 3 port of the library.

> I am interested and motivated to work on the Linux platform, but other
> platforms will suffer unless I get co-maintainers with experience in
> the different file locking semantics there.

We still need people capable of working with this library on non-Linux
platforms. Join the development discussion mailing list
<URL:https://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/python-lockfile-devel>
if you can offer us assistance with this.

--
 \     “I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.” —Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |