ttk.Spinbox missing?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jun 6 15:52:08 EDT 2012

On 6/6/2012 9:06 AM, Mark Summerfield wrote:

> I have Python 3.2 with Tcl/Tk 8.5, but there doesn't seem to be a
> ttk.Spinbox widget even though that widget is part of Tcl/Tk 8.5:
> http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/ttk_spinbox.htm
>
> Why is that?

My guess is that Spinbox was not present when tkinter.ttk was written
(perhaps back in 8.4+tile days). I presume the intention has been to
expand the set of themed widgets. Or perhaps it was simply overlooked. I
suggest you open an issue on the tracker: "Update tkinter.ttk" and put
'gpolo' and 'terry.reedy' on the nosy list. If you can, check if
anything else is missing and put a list in the message.

If you look at the formulaic code for other ttk widgets in
tkinter.ttk.py and you understand the Spinbox doc you referenced,
http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/ttk_spinbox.htm
and that of one of the other ttk widgets, you should be able to
contribute a patch.

--
Terry Jan Reedy