English version for Mémento Python 3 (draft, readers needed)

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Tue Jun 5 14:01:43 EDT 2012

Laurent Pointal <laurent.pointal at free.fr> writes:
> I started a first translation of my document originally in french. Could
> some fluent english people read it and indicate errors or bad english
> expressions.
>
> http://perso.limsi.fr/pointal/python:memento

It looks nice.  It took me a minute to find the English version:

  http://perso.limsi.fr/pointal/_media/python:cours:mementopython3-english.pdf

A few minor things:

1) We would usually call this a "reference card" rather than "memento"

2) In the dictionary example,
   {"clé":"valeur"} =>  {"key":"value"}
   {1:"un",3:"trois",2:"deux",3.14:""} => {1:"one", etc. }

3) "bloc" in a few places should be "block"

4) On side 2, the part about writing files is still mostly in French

There are a few other things like that, and I'll try to look more
carefully tonight, I can't spend more time on it right now.

Thanks for writing it and sharing it.

--Paul