wxpython using variable with wx.statictext ignores \n

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Fri Jun 1 02:24:45 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have some wxPython code created with wxGlade that I am customizing.

I have a label created under the def __init__() section of the Frame
Class. It states...

         self.Question = wx.StaticText(self, -1, "My question...")

if I insert a new line character in this string like this then the
output is placed on two lines as expected.

         self.Question = wx.StaticText(self, -1, "My \nquestion...")

         Output   My
                  question

I am getting the question as an argument using sys.argv[] and putting
it in a variable called "question_text". The code is as follows...

	question_text = "My \nquestion..."
         self.Question = wx.StaticText(self, -1, question_text)

         Output   My \nquestion

How do I get the line text \n recognized so the break is inserted using
the variable technique like what happened when I actually used a string?

...in bash you would do "$question_text". Is there comparable macro
substitution in python.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator / Website Administrator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides