Pass data to a subprocess

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:26:18 EDT 2012

2012/7/31 Laszlo Nagy <gandalf at shopzeus.com>:
>> I think I got it now, if I already just mix the start before another add,
>> inside the Process.run it won't see the new data that has been added after
>> the start. So this way is perfectly safe only until the process is launched,
>> if it's running I need to use some multiprocess-aware data structure, is
>> that correct?
>
> Yes. Read this:
>
> http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html#exchanging-objects-between-processes
>
> You can use Queues and Pipes. Actually, these are basic elements of the
> multiprocessing module and they are well documented. I wonder if you read
> the documentation at all, before posting questions here.
>

> --

As I wrote "I found many nice things (Pipe, Manager and so on), but
actually even
this seems to work:" yes I did read the documentation.

I was just surprised that it worked better than I expected even
without Pipes and Queues, but now I understand why..

Anyway now I would like to be able to detach subprocesses to avoid the
nasty code reloading that I was talking about in another thread, but
things get more tricky, because I can't use queues and pipes to
communicate with a running process that it's noit my child, correct?