Firefox 3.6 [OT] (was: Re: [ANN] pyknon: Simple Python library to generate music in a hacker friendly way.)

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 09:59:17 EDT 2012

On 7/30/2012 9:25 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I don't. But in my experience, the risk of security breaches is *much*
> less than the chance that the new version will break functionality,
> introduce bugs, have a worse user interface, and generally be a step
> backwards rather than forward.
4.0 sucked. It had a radically new UI and it broke heaps of add-ons and
it leaked memory. 5.0 was slightly better, but still sucked because it
still leaked memory. 6.0 didn't suck so much because the memory leaks
were taken care of, and by this point there were extensions to deal with
certain issues (like not having a place for status bar icons). By 7.0,
there weren't really any more problems. By no means was the process
painless, but I've found the new UI to be a bit better than the old one
(at this point - not when 4.0 came out) now that the dust has settled.
--
CPython 3.3.0b1 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17803